Monday, September 22, 2014

The HFCS thing

Google "high fructose corn syrup" and you'll find over 900,000 articles discussing how and when HFCS will kill you, and nearly as many describing the many ways HFCS will make you a better parent and lover.

I'm a skeptic, so I read a lot to try to cut through the hype and fluff and bullshit. I really couldn't find any information regarding HFCS that wasn't corn industry PR or funded by an offshoot of the food processing industry. I didn't find any (authentic) medical journals saying "go for it!" or anything like that, either.

So here's a few links with a focus on HFCS and why it's a no-no.

Why You Should Never Eat High Fructose Corn Syrup


Make your own judgement call on this stuff. I just wanted to get this out there in case you're wondering I'm focusing on craft sodas and snacks here (and grilling sauces etc over at BBQHoney).

Oh yeah, diet soda sucks too.

Most supermarket bread has HFCS as well, so we make our own. It's too easy not to do it (even without a bread machine!) so I'll nod to the guys over at First We Feast (hey!) and offer this link. Now you have No Excuse. Homemade/handmade bread tastes better every time.

Just do it

No comments:

Post a Comment